- Time is money, so the money you have today will not have the same purchasing power tomorrow, and
- Whether you are buying a house, stocks or even equipment for your businesses there will be costs over and above the purchase price. These figures must be added to your calculation in determining:
- whether to make the investment and
- how long it will take for that investment to generate returns.
The National Housing Trust (NHT), known generally to provide lower and lower-middle income housing solutions for Jamaicans, is to invest $280 million in the construction of 14 townhouses in upper St. Andrew, commencing September..
- Were there delays in completion of construction?
- Were there other considerations? In light of these delays or time overruns, were there also budget overruns?
- Was the original amount of $280 million exceeded?
- Were they waiting for the real estate market to improve and property values to increase?
- Have they increased the sale price to compensate for the delay?